Friday, June 14, 2013

Don't talk to me Chucky...

It has been a while since I've shared an op shop find here.  I thought these puppets fairly innocuous until I took them to the counter and tried to pay for them.  Their purchase prompted a good deal of discussion and I received some interesting advice.  

Chucky was on the top of suggested names.  Evil looking, freaky and scary were other names to describe them.  When the conversation turned to the possibility that they might start talking to me while wielding a kitchen knife, I thought this is getting out of hand.
Have to say, one of the weirder conversations I've had in an op shop.

In the cold light of day, all this seemed ridiculous and implausible, but in the middle of the night, when I fumble for the light switch, I have to admit these possibilities have crossed my mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment